basic upgrade from drupal 5 to drupal 6
Outlining the basic process I'm taking to upgrade this site to Drupal 6.
- these are available for Drupal 6. Great!
- making backup of files and db
- copied new core files in
- merged settings.php's and .htaccesses
- site in offline mode
- switching to Garland theme
- disabled the 2 contrib modules
the real deal
- uploading new core files (everything except the sites folder), this includes .htaccess.
- uploading the new settings.php
- going to /update.php and accepting the defaults
- enabled some new modules like Update Status
- posted updated version of the 2 modules and enabled them
some additional tweaks
- tweaked some additional things
Up and running